Thursday, December 27, 2007

the information highway onramp

When I'm out with friends, I often get into conversations about politics, conversations that dawdle and wane and meander - don't we all? - and I want so badly to have on-hand a whole stockpile of information to draw on. Of course, the only way to get to that blissfully drunken, pontificating place I'd like to be at with any grace is to spend some time doing a little research before hitting the bars. The place I start is publicly funded and over-flowing with good info: www.speakout.com. (Did you know that there were no general election presidential debates between 1960 and 1976?) I've also taken to pouring through candidates individual "issues" pages to see exactly what the candidates are promoting on their own pages. For example, consider the contrast between Clinton, Obama, and Edwards on healthcare. The differences are remarkable, namely the amount of information provided. My head is still with Edwards. Now, please excuse me while I go do some more reading to figure out how to tell you why.

footnote: #7 the speakout foundation is just fucking brilliant. the three presidential websites of #8 Clinton, #9 Obama, and #10 Ewards are pivotal for any voting democrat and yet is too short a list to be comprehensive/exhaustive most certainly.

No comments: